I am a candidate, because it is time to change a "No" voice in Washington to a "Yes" voice that is of the people, for the people and by the people and not that of the 1(one) percent who do not want to pay their fair share!
I say to you, if you join with me we will make a change in business as usual! We will make a change in how big government does business! Together with your support and the driving force of your voice we will balance the budget, control our spending and not do it on the backs of the working poor or the middle class of Alabamians and Americans.
This campaign is about a renewed America. An America that protects it's old and it's young; an America that puts every able bodied person to work, who wants to work. Our campaign is
Is a family man with a wife and seven children
· Has 16 years of pro-active service on the Lee County Commission
· Served the residents of Opelika on the Opelika City Council
· Has years of business experience in the grocery business
· Is currently a consultant for governments, businesses, and individuals
· Managed the Child Nutrition Department for the Auburn City Schools
· Worked in manufacturing
Works with other churches in the area to help meet the needs of those in the community
For the last 16 years I have served Lee County as a servant of the people who have worked for the betterment of our County. Prior to this time I served as a city councilman for the City of Opelika for 8 years.
Is active in St. Luke AME Church in Opelika
Accomplishments as a Representative:
· Helped consolidate the jail for Lee County, the City of Auburn, and the City of Opelika
· Helped bring solar power to the jail, saving taxpayer dollars
· Helped bring recreational facilities to the area which encourages our children to participate in healthy activities
· Made better use of taxpayer dollars by channeling transportation money towards well-travelled roads rather than paving dirt roads used by few
· Served on a Board of the Department of Human Relations to help identify ways to best help those in need of assistance
· Served on a Board of the Alabama Department of Transportation to identify and prioritize bridges that needed repair and/or maintenance